Rudolf Schwarz (15 May 1897, Strasbourg – 3 April 1961, Cologne) was a German architect known for his work on Kirche St. Fronleichnam, Aachen. He also played a decisive part in the reconstruction of Cologne after the Second World War. He took a leading role with Cologne's reconstruction authority between 1947 and 1952, contributing to the rebuilding of the city with some of his own designs. Among these is the Wallraf-Richartz Museum (1956), which now houses the Museum of Applied Art. He also reconstructed the pilgrimage church of Saint Anne in Düren, near Aachen, which is probably his most famous work.

Schwarz worked with the German blacksmith Carl Wyland and closely with the Fr. Romano Guardini at Burg Rothenfels, where he designed the chapel for Quickborn, a large German Catholic youth movement run by Guardini.

His wife, Maria Schwarz, worked together with him and is still in business as an architect, especially in reconstructing and modifying her husband's buildings.

source: Wikipedia